Membership Terms & Conditions of Outback Mates
i) Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for membership, noting that some offers in the Mates Program are subject to state and federal laws, such as liquor licensing.
ii)By purchasing, or on renewal of, a Mates Club membership, the member agrees:
1. to become a member of the Outback Mates Club;
2. to be responsible for any costs incurred in data usage for the Mates App; and
3. to be bound by:
a) the Outback Mates Terms and Conditions; and
b) any other relevant terms and conditions from the Outback Queensland Tourism Association (OQTA) or one of its third party providers, as published from time to time.
2. TERM AND TERMINATION
a)Term and termination
i) Outback Mates Club membership a lifetime membership and is valid from the date of validation.
ii) If a person ceases to hold a valid membership, or does not otherwise qualify to remain a member of the Outback Mates Club, that person immediately ceases to be a member of Outback Mates and all rights and privileges associated with that membership cease.
iii) In the case of cancellation, no full or partial refund is available to the member.
3. MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
a) Benefits for members
i) Unless specifically stated otherwise, the following benefits are available to all members other than Business Members:
1. A valid membership card /or Mates App will be made available to new members, with which Mates Club offers may be redeemed.
2. Outback Mates will provide members with access to the latest offers (available online, through the Mates App, wesbite and through Outback Visitor Information Centres).
3. Businesses and organisations associated with the Outback region will provide Outback Mates members with offers, deals or discounts at their discretion and as approved by the OQTA.
b) Benefits for businesses
i) Unless specifically stated otherwise in OQTA partnership agreements, benefits available to businesses through the Outback Mates Program are as follows:
1. the advertisement of offers, deals or discounts specific to their business through the Mates website and app;
2. the ability to add, remove or change these offers through a process outlined by the OQTA; and
3. opportunities for additional promotional and marketing opportunities for their business as they may arise.
c) Membership conditions
i) The member acknowledges that the benefits and product discounts available to the member may depend on the availability of product or services, and may be subject to change without notice to the member.
ii) Acceptance of deals discounts or offers is at the discretion of the individual provider and they reserve the right to refuse service. OQTA takes no responsibility for refusal of service or delivery of advertised products.
iii) It is the responsibility of the member to ensure they have the most up-to-date list of offers before attempting to redeem.
d) The member agrees to abide by the terms and conditions relating to the individual services and products that may be set out by participating businesses and rules that fall under their code of conduct.
e)The member acknowledges that Outback Mates may change the benefits offered to members and businesses from time to time without notification to the member.
f) The member may not transfer any of the rights or benefits of membership to another person, though each member may hold more than one membership if approved by the OQTA.
g) Members issued with a valid Mates App or member card agree to use it only in accordance with the terms and conditions.
a) Outback Mates Club obligations
ii) Joining the Outback Mates Club subscribes the member to the Outback Queensland Tourism mailing list for newsletters and important member updates.
iii)Outback Mates and the OQTA value the confidentiality of the member and will not provide their details to third parties unless permission is given.
i) These terms and conditions may be varied by Outback Mates from time to time without notice to the member.
ii) The member can access the latest version of the terms and conditions online at outbackmates.com.au
b) Governing Law
i) These terms and conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the laws of Queensland.
Benefits means the services, products and discounts available to members
Personal Information has the meaning set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
Outback Mates or Mates means the Outback Mates Club and its related entities
OQTA means the Outback Queensland Tourism Association and its related entities